We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of this land and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
who we are
Lesbians Inc Australia has members who identify as women, wom*n, male to female transgender or trans*, or non-binary and all are welcome. Lesbians Inc membership is inclusive of lesbians, dykes, gays, bisexual, queer, asexual and acknowledges that we may move between these.
What we do:
Lesbian Inc is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that advocates for lesbians. Since 2000, Lesbian Inc has provided financial backing to lesbians and lesbian-friendly groups in Australia through its community grants scheme. Over $170,000 has been distributed for projects that focused on:
- meeting the diverse needs of lesbian communities across Australia;
- targeting discrimination against lesbians;
- improving the access of lesbians to programs, services, activities, etc.;
- increasing social, cultural and educational opportunities for lesbians;
- raising the profile of lesbians among the wider community
Further information about the projects that have been funded can be found here.
Lesbian Inc is currently planning for the future direction of the organisation and a recent community consultation is helping the collective with this process. While planning is underway the community grants scheme is on hold and we are not accepting applications. To keep up with developments please check this website, follow us on Facebook or contact us to join our email list.