Submissions for Grant round 2 2022 are now closed
The next open round will be open at the beginning of 2023
Lesbians Incorporated uses Submittable to collect all applications for community grants
click on the icon below when a grant round is open.
When grant rounds are open for applications click on the Submit link
to begin the application process in Submittable
For full details on who may apply for and how to apply for a grant from
Lesbians Incorporated please read the information below
Lesbians Incorporated has established a Community Grants Program to give out $10,000 in grants (up to $1000 perper successful application) per round.
To be eligible for funding, projects must demonstrate that they:
- meet an identified social, cultural, educational, health, welfare, recreational, personal development or legal need of the lesbian community;
- target discrimination against lesbians and/or aim to improve the civil rights and/or status of lesbians within the general community;
- aim to improve the access of lesbians to programs, services, activities and opportunities available to the general community;
- aim to increase the vocational training and/or employment opportunities of lesbians.
Projects may aim to benefit the lesbian community in general or one or more groups within the lesbian community. Groups may be racial, cultural, geographic, or may have specific identified needs or shared interests and concerns. LInc considers the children of lesbians as part of the lesbian community.
WHO MAY APPLY?
WHO MAY APPLY?
Individual lesbians or lesbian based/lesbian-friendly non-profit organisations from throughout Australia are eligible to apply for funds. Applicants will need to demonstrate expertise or experience relevant to the project.
Lesbians Inc, grants are not available to assist businesses. If you are a Sole trader/business and have an idea for a project, you may apply as long as the project shows a clear benefit to the LGBTQ+ community.
Current members of the LInc Committee are ineligible for this program.
Eligible projects are those which reflect the objectives of the Community Grants Program and fall within a category appropriate to the funding program. Categories are:
- Literary, visual or performing arts activities or functions
- Social functions
- Classes or workshops
- Production of information or resources for educational or promotional purposes
- Support groups or services
- Advisory services
- Sporting and recreational activities or functions
- Other appropriate activities or services approved by LInc
Funds available under the Community Grants Program are limited. This means that not all applications for funding will be successful. Priority in funding will be given to projects which:
- clearly demonstrate how the project meets one or more of the program objectives
- have the potential for a range of positive outcomes for lesbians
- will benefit a wide range of lesbians or a specific population group of the lesbian community
- are likely to be successfully implemented
- make effective use of grant funds
Applications are particularly encouraged from lesbians who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, lesbians with disabilities, lesbians from non-English speaking backgrounds and lesbians in non-metropolitan communities.
Grants are available for up to $1000 per successful application.
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
The provision of funds is conditional on the project being successfully undertaken. The nature or objectives of funded projects must not be altered in any way without the prior written consent of LInc. Failure to implement the project, or varying the nature or objectives of funded projects without consent, may result in applicants being required to return the grant. Successful applicants will be required to sign an undertaking agreeing to these conditions. LInc requests that grant recipients acknowledge our organisation as a funding source where appropriate.
USE OF FUNDS
Grant funds may be used for purposes such as:
- the purchase of relevant materials, resources or equipment
- hiring charges including hire of a venue
- printing or advertising costs
- transport costs
- fees charged for relevant services
- administrative costs (eg postage, photocopying)
- other appropriate purposes approved by LInc
Funds will generally not be provided for the payment of wages to individuals or organisations.
Decisions on funding applications will be made by the LINC Committee. Applicants who are unsuccessful may re-submit their proposal to future funding rounds.
Round 1: Opens Friday, February 4th, 2022
Submissions will close Friday, March 18th, 2022, at midnight
Recipients will be announced by Friday, April 28th, 2022
Round 2: Submissions will open on Monday, August 1st 2022
Submissions will close Friday, 30 September 2022, at midnight
Recipients announced by Friday 28th, October 2022
Note that no grant monies are dispersed before the announcement dates as listed above.
For steps on how to use Submittable to apply click here